In Stitches!

I did it! I sewed a few stitches! Actually, I sewed more than a few. I tried and failed several times before realizing that the reason my thread kept breaking was that it was not good thread, so I re threaded the machine (this time it only took about 15 seconds) and began sewing. First, I created two bags for my sewing table, one for scrap threads (trash), and one for...whatever. I used some old pajama pant legs that were left over when I cut them off to make the pajamas into shorts. I am so happy! I even sewed handles onto the bags so that they could hang on the knobs of the drawers of my desk turned sewing table.
I also sewed an edge around an old t-shirt sleeve I have been using as a hair Kerchief for my little girl. For this experiment, I tried a new, more involved stitch. I liked it enough I decided to embellish the band closest to her face with some pretty flowers (another pre-programmed stitch). It was coming along nicely until my bobbin ran out of thread, at which point I consulted my instruction manual and learned to fill a bobbin with thread. It went very smoothly, and I was set to go again in about three minutes. During my three minute learning time, I lost the head band on which I was working. I still have not found it, and have decided that one of  Dobby the House Elf's friends has taken off with it and is now a free elf. If the elf happens to make it reappear, I will take photos and share them here. I also plan to take photos of the rest of my first sewing projects and post them for your perusal.

I have been sick with a cold, so have been quite tired, and am not moving quickly on finishing up my bathroom project. I did get the knobs and drawer pulls all in place today, and the drawer fronts are reattached to their respective drawers. I am still reluctant to attach any more hinges, as the ones I purchased seem to be for flat doors, and ours are beveled. Photos to come.

I am feeling more confident about the opening of my etsy shop. I now have many ideas of makeovers I can do with the ninety men's polo shirts that I purchased along with the sewing machine.  This purchase was of an embroidery business, so it came with many spools of  nice embroidery thread and the a fore mentioned polos.  I initially thought I would embroider the shirts to suit the customer's desires, but am now filled with ideas of how I can re-purpose these shirts for women's wear.
All in all, I am still quite excited!

Thanks for stopping by my little place on the internet. Have a lovely day!
Beth

Comments

  1. I'm So happy for you. Can't wait to see the pics!

    Sorry about your cold though. Hope you feel better soon!

    With love, your stalker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you are still here! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback and ideas! I'm so happy you took the time to share. :)
Beth

Popular Posts